Saturday, July 4, 2009

Breakfast: It's trying to kill me

Why do people eat breakfast? Seriously.
Every day, my mother gets up and makes breakfast for herself, as I'm sure most people do. She east some eggs on toast and drinks some tea and then goes to work. I really don't understand this practice. Every time I try to get up and make breakfast for myself in the morning, it turns out disastrously. Not that the food is bad, because, trust me, it's not. Rather, I start eating and about 5 minutes later I get the urge to run to the bathroom and "worship the porcelain god" as people say. Usually, the recommended course of action for myself is to wait about two to three hours after waking up to begin ingesting food.
Even simple things disagree with me. Today, all I did was try to eat some biscuits. Clearly, the wrong decision. Even worse are the days when I try to eat something like quiche or hash browns and eggs or most variations of the traditional hot breakfast.
Even if we were to remove the sausage, ham, and blood pudding from the second dish, it retains it's inherent lack of appeal upon first waking. (In case you were wondering, that, or some variation of it, is what I got served most mornings while traveling in England, minus the meaty bits though.)
That's not to say that I don't like breakfast foods though. I love pancakes, waffles, eggs on toast, beans on toast, cereals, crepes, etc. It's just that I don't like eating them when I first wake up. This is what my preferred breakfast looks like:
Mmm, cold milk! Not much of a real break in the fast, but it agrees with me every time. Occasionally, I try one of these (minus the banana, of course):
This one's a bit hit-and-miss with me though.
So, seriously, why do people eat breakfast? (I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment