Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Just Get Over It" and other breaking news

So...I've decided that Nike had a pretty good idea in their famous marketing slogan "Just Do It." My modified version, "Just Get Over It" is going to become my new mantra, which I will subtly say to people I feel need to just get over it.
In other news, politics in Italy is WAY more exciting than politics in the USA. Our politicians embezzle money and, occasionally, there are senators who paid for sex and what not. In Italy, the prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi, paid for sex which he received in his state-owned apartments! Additionally, his wife filed for divorce after 19 years of marriage citing "consorting with minors" as one of the reasons for the failed marriage. As if that wasn't enough, pictures were published showing topless women and a naked man at his private villa! Woo! Orgies! Seriously, why can't our public figures do something so scandalous? It's like a soap opera, except that it's a real guy doing it! On the up side to all of this, Italians apparently don't really care if you're a man-whore. As long as you get the job done, and do it well, you can do what ever you like. Seriously, who wouldn't want to surround themselves with beautiful young women (and maybe the occasional naked man) as a way to de-stress from the pressures of running Italy? Way to go Italy, a man's private life shouldn't intrude on his public life so long as that private life isn't illegal (ok, so sleeping with an underage "aspiring actress" is illegal...but, nothing else was!) Oh, he was also put on trial for fraud and is one the riches people on the planet worth $6.5 billion!
In entertainment news, have you heard about the new Alice in Wonderland film coming out? It's a Tim Burton film and has Jonny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, and Anne Hathaway in it. I'm so excited! Although I'm going to have to wait 'til next year for it, the gestation period isn't up until next spring... It's supposedly based more on Through the Looking Glass than Adventures in Wonderland, which is pretty exciting since I think that book is WAY more exciting and bizarre. I'm very excited!
In a very unrealted topic, if anyone feels the urgent need to buy me anything, I highly recommend these items. If you don't feel like spending that much money on me, spend it on yourself and let me borrow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment